- Beginning on April 7, 2017 the Planning Department will accept new applications at any time throughout the week.
- At the January 17, 2017 Regular Meeting, City Council adopted Ordinance No. 2017-01-021, amending the city’s Municipal Annexation Policy. More information
- 2017 Utility Impact Fee Amendment - Notice of Fee Change effective February 13, 2017
- Planning Submittal Schedule Date Ch - Updated March 28, 2017
- Planning and Zoning Meeting Schedule
- An update to the Comprehensive Plan is underway! For more information or to get involved with the Plan, please visit the project website at www.onemckinney2040.com.
- Follow the Planning Department on Twitter
- Monthly Development Reports
About the Planning Department
The Planning Department’s mission is to facilitate the creation of safe, balanced, efficient, visually appealing and economically sustainable developments within McKinney’s ultimate planning area by offering streamlined development processes that ensure timely and reasonable economic returns for members of the development community while simultaneously protecting the larger public interest, soliciting and incorporating the public’s feedback in land use and policy recommendations and working with elected and appointed officials to ensure that existing policies and regulations accurately reflect City Council’s goals and objectives for the community.
Planning Department Sections
- Development Review (Current) Planning Section - duties primarily include the processing of development applications
- Downtown Development Section - duties primarily include the facilitation of downtown (re)development projects and initiatives
- Comprehensive (Long-Range) Planning Section - duties primarily include the development of specific policy documents and special studies.